L.A. Pentecostal Church School Volunteer Accused of Rape and Molestation, Held on $9 Million Bail
L.A. Pentecostal Church School Volunteer Accused of Rape and Molestation
There are so many rape and molestation cases in the church, its not funny.
Via KTLA reports:
Johnny Beserra III was arrested May 24 in connection with an investigation in which five alleged victims had been identified, according to a news release issued by the El Monte Police Department.
He was charged by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office with 14 counts of lewd acts with a child, sodomy and oral copulation, according to police.
The alleged crimes took place at the United Pentecostal Church, where Beserra was a volunteer, or at El Monte Christian Academy, according to police Lt. Christopher Williams.
The alleged victims were churchgoers or students at the school where both are located at 11129 Brockway St. in El Monte.
“We are concerned there may be more still unidentified victims,” the release stated.
Beserra was charged May 28 with the following counts, according to a spokeswoman for the DA’s office:
- three counts of sodomy by use of force
- two counts of sodomy of a person under 18
- two counts of continuous sexual abuse
- two counts oral copulation of a person under 18 and
- one count each of oral copulation of a person under 14
- oral copulation or sexual penetration with child 10 years old or younger
- forcible oral copulation with the victim under 14 years old
- lewd act upon a child and
- child molesting
He was being held at the downtown L.A. Men’s Central Jail on $9 million bail, county online inmate records showed.